Friday, July 27, 2007

Elway and Bon Jovi. It doesn't get worse.

Okay, I'm sure some people will disagree with me on this one, but the top aggravation I have about Arena Football is the league's tendency to promote the game in terms of its high-profile, celebrity owners.

I'm not just saying that because Harvey Keitel and that hot girl from The Craft (Fairuza something?) don't have teams, either. Admittedly, I'm never going to join a Bon Jovi fan club or put a John Elway poster over my bed. I don't like either fella in terms as celebs (although they may be fine guys otherwise).

My problem isn't just with horseface and his pseudo-rocking buddy. It's the idea of peddling the league based on their has-been careers.

Anyway, if you dig Arena ball it should be for the players and the competition. If you're a fan on the basis of enjoying a good rendition of "Living on a Prayer" you need help.

And that's all I have to say about that.