Sunday, May 21, 2006

Brigade fans...protect your car at Kemper...and save some dough, too...

If you are like me, you don't park in one of those reserved lots down by Kemper when you go to the Brigade games. Instead, you find some off site lot or you just scramble for a space. Although I don't live in California (the car theft capital of the world), I do have some concerns about leaving my vehicle unattended during the games down there. I was reading a list of things you can do to decrease the chances of theft that GEICO put out.

They say to have the VIN etched on every window because thieves don't want to deal with having to replace glass before they can sell a stolen car. Awesome idea and I had never even heard of doing that. They also recommend many "common sense" strategies like making sure every window is completely closed, that we often overlook. Oh, and according to what I read you are totally helping out thieves by leaving your title and registration in the car--so don't.

The high risk of theft might be one of the things leading to higher insurance prices. Personally, I learned that the best way to score good car insurance prices is to use online sources like Carinsurance.com, because they check for the best possible rates all over the place. Comparison shopping is always a good idea.

Hopefully, we can have some good quarterback comparison shopping before next season, because I think we need someone else behind center. Any suggestions?